Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other personalized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team.
The Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and generating weekly AR statements. If you are interested in gaining experience in bookkeeping procedures, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will help our accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions. This position will be reporting to our Sr. Accountant in Pleasanton.
What You’ll do:
- AP Voucher/payment booking
- Print and code JDE entries, then verify against our Account Managers monthly spending sheets.
- Download all accounting batch reports, work on preliminary report formatting and summary.
- Check deposits and apply on salesforce.com.
- Responsible for maintaining [3PL and Strategic Sales] customers list of contacts to ensure and maintain accuracy and integrity of customer/vendor data files.
- Responsible for invoicing, collections and process customer’s payments for responsible accounts.
- Process and deposits daily checks: electronically, bank, and credit card payments.
- Assist to process and enter sales thru revenue and sales tax filing.
- Helping Managers to review and validate vendor invoices, process and enter vouchers and expense reports.
- Work with managers and other accountants on projects, as needed (Examples: run DNBI report, verify credit/reference information, etc.)
- Responsible for helping with the monthly and yearly accounting close process.
- Additional annual support during semiannual and annual audits.
- Assist in the sales tax processes by ensuring state tax filings are up to date.
- Assist and gather sales tax information for the state tax filing.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to facilitate the state tax filing process.
- Assist in entering and booking sales tax transactions in the monthly close process.
- This position could entail currency conversions for more complicated vouchers, but training would be provided at a later date
What You Should Have:
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting, as an Accounting Assistant or Accounting Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Familiarity with finance regulations
- Good math skills, attention to detail and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. JD Edwards, QuickBooks)
- Organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance or relevant field a plus!
How To Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Accounting Assistant role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know why you think you'd be a good fit for this role.
Trust us - this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves to learn and grow in their career. There is no relocation assistance available for this position, so local candidates only.
We look forward to hearing from you!