PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized cards, home décor, clothing and other customizable products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools, content, and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that results in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. To learn more, visit www.planetart.com
We are looking for an independent, detail oriented, enthusiastic candidate who has experience and understanding of e-commerce, licensing and product design. Must have a passion for pop culture, trends and personalized gift products. The successful candidate will have an online portfolio that showcases problem solving skills, unique concepts, outstanding typography and color. Must also possess advanced digital production skills to succeed in a fast-paced deadline sensitive environment. The first 2 months will be a trial period and chosen candidate will be paid as an independent contractor. After 2 months if all is going well, employment will be changed to full time status.
● Art direct and manage a team of designers/illustrators to create innovative concepts for a variety of brands and licensed products.
● Create trend concept boards for internal and external use. Boards to direct original design concepts according to content/merchandising plans including: typographic inspiration, patterns and colorways, compiling references and samples.
● Liaison with VP’s of Licensing & Merchandising in identifying new styles and opportunities for the assortment plan.
● Collaborate with VPs of Licensing and Merchandising to develop multiple collections per quarter
● Identify consumer and category trends and create new designs to reflect those trends
● Prepare presentations and documents for cross-functional teams and licensing partners including styles guides, line sheets and product designs
● Art or Design degree required
● The ideal candidate will have an impeccable eye for details and will enjoy creating in a fast-paced work environment
● Passion for entertainment, films, tv and pop culture
● Must have excellent composition, color and typography skills
● Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
● Ability to design non-template concepts from scratch
● Must be a self-motivator, possessing the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
● Advanced digital production skills and thorough knowledge of digital art, commercial printing, graphic reproduction and production techniques
● Positive outlook and collaborative spirit
● High level of creative vision for development of themes, color palettes and layouts
● Ability to translate pop-culture, news, events, and social media trends into printable design and illustration concepts
● Experience in directing surface design or content creation a plus
This position can be offsite, or office in Calabasas, CA or San Diego. There is no relocation assistance available. Currently our office is working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants should have necessary equipment and internet to work from home.