Content Usage Manager
Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized cards, gifts, home décor and other customizable products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and designs to express their point of view, along with an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that results in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
As a Content Usage Manager, you will Lead the Content Usage team in providing prompt and effective content-related support to CafePress’ users, employees, business partners, and third parties by enforcing the Prohibited Uses of the Services sections of our online documents applying internal content procedures, and developing and implementing content-related processes and strategies which support business goals while mitigating content-related risks.
In the context of this role, you will be exposed to potentially offensive or objectionable content and will need a level of resilience and maturity.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the hiring, training and development of Content Usage Associates.
- Provide support to team members when content-related issues arise, such as tools functions and limitations, and assessment and treatment of “gray area” content.
- Keep Manager, Intellectual Property and Content Usage apprised of issues concerning problematic content trends on the website.
- Interface with Engineering to identify and resolve any problems with image review tools and website performance after implementation of blocks on searches and/or content.
- Prepare monthly reports of team performance using review data.
- Support Customer Service and Marketing in responding to social media and internet campaigns targeting certain content as objectionable.
- Manage CUP responses to “legal skills” contacts in Fresh Desk.
- Provide support on application of the Prohibited Uses of the Services under our online documents to internal employees, users and third-parties via telephone and email.
- Prepare and maintain up-to-date templates for use in responding to various repetitive communications from users and customers.
- Independently review user-submitted content for compliance with the Prohibited Uses of the Services under our online documents.
- Resolve any rights holder disputes over content usage in a courteous manner, including resolving issues with “problem” complaints from upset customers and users.
- Perform content-related research on the Internet, as needed to support content management, review and decision-making.
- Provide support to the Legal department, as needed, such as preparing and executing affidavits and serving as a witness in infringement lawsuits.
- Stay abreast of current events, trends, pop culture, sports, entertainment and politics in order to identify potential and proactively address any potential content-related problems.
- Serve as the owner of the Prohibited Uses of the Services section of our online documents, and review and update it at least annually to ensure that it stays up-to-date and addresses any issues needed to mitigate risk.
What You Should Have:
- Strong leadership, with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to prioritize and effectively manage tasks.
- Able to make quick but thoughtful policy decisions, and clearly communicate directives both verbally and via e-mail.
- Strong computer skills, proficient user of Word and Excel, with customer service email program experience desirable.
- Knowledge of CafePress content usage policy, and with intellectual property in general. Familiarity using CafePress, for example shop setup and product creation is a strong plus.
- Ability to provide exceptional content-related customer service, via positive, professional, productive, and courteous interactions conducted by phone, email and/or in-person.
- Strong visual memory, eye for detail, an ability to multitask, with a high tolerance for continuous review of digital images.
- Must be a team player that is able to get along with others well.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment and learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with visual imaging tools
- Ability to perform job tasks under tight and often competing deadlines.
- Strategic business thinker who can proactively manage content-related activities and strategies to help CafePress manage and reduce content-related risk.
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Content Usage Manager role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link. We look forward to hearing from you!
This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of all reference, background checks, and required documentation including proof of Covid-19 vaccination.