(Los Angeles Area)
Who We Are:
The PlanetArt companies provide consumers and small businesses with the tools, content and services to create quality personalized products that are both innovative and affordable.
Everything we do empowers self-expression and delivers smiles.
This Corporate Paralegal position will report to our CEO and the General Counsel and be intimately involved with supporting the entire company. This entails taking the lead on a variety of legal and business affairs. The Corporate Paralegal must possess a strong analytical and detail-oriented skill set in order to evaluate the complex issues affecting the company and offer practical solutions. The paralegal must also have exceptionally strong business acumen and the ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects in a busy work environment, while being a critical go-to partner for business stakeholders in the company and legal department.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a wide variety of both inbound and outbound technology, licensing, distribution, and other commercial agreements. This will involve working directly with various product, sales, marketing and administrative team members.
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, and business development in supporting the development, delivery, and commercialization of products in a fast-paced and hands-on environment.
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions and provide contractual and research information to business executives to assist with business decisions.
- Conduct complex legal research and analysis, and advise company business units, as well as collaborate with attorneys on legal requirements, risks and liabilities.
- Coordinate management and maintenance of a significant portfolio of registered copyrights, trademarks and issued patents.
- Take primary responsibility for contracts management, using the company’s ContractSafe system.
What You Should Have:
- Must be familiar with reviewing, drafting and advising on a variety of commercial contracts.
- You are a transactional and business affairs generalist, but with experience working on a wide variety of commercial, licensing, product, distribution, content, IP and services agreements.
- You enjoy drafting and negotiating contracts, with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into contract language.
- You are intelligent and practical business partner with experience helping companies strike the right balance between risk and reward and a desire to drive deals in direct partnership with sales team members or business group leaders.
- You are detail oriented and enjoy working independently in a fast-paced, collegial environment.
- You have a bachelor's degree that shows strong academic credentials, as well as a paralegal certificate and at least 4-5 years of general corporate, business and legal affairs, or technology transactions experience, preferably working with consumer-facing technology companies.
- You have a working knowledge of and some experience in I.P. portfolio management, particularly with regard to both domestic and international trademark applications and registrations.
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Corporate Paralegal role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter. Be sure to tell us why you think you’d be a great fit! Submissions that do not include all of these items will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!