(Production and Content Team) - Remote
*This is a temp to hire role with a 2 month trial period
Our team creates licensed products for some of the biggest names in the pop culture and entertainment industry, such as Marvel, Warner Bros, PEANUTS® and so many more! This role is essential to supporting licensing initiatives by creating and adapting artwork for use across multiple brands. The first 2 months will be a trial period and chosen candidate will be paid as an independent contractor. After 2 months if all is going well, employment will be changed to full time status.
- Create unique personalized and licensed designs for print-on-demand gifts, clothing, greeting cards and décor; Transform licensed artwork into fresh concepts and layouts
- Collaborate with VPs of Licensing and Merchandising to develop multiple collections per quarter
- Prepare designs as print-ready artwork files to meet specific requirements using Adobe Creative Suite
- Identify consumer and category trends and create new designs to reflect those trends
- Prepare presentations and documents for cross-functional teams and licensing partners including styles guides, line sheets and product designs
- Upload artwork and accurately add all required information into licensing portals
- Export assets and upload designs for use on sites and apps using our proprietary tools
- Ensure designs have accurate merchandising information and key word tagging
- Order and manage pre-production samples and approval status
- The ideal candidate will have an impeccable eye for details and will enjoy creating in a fast-paced work environment
- Passion for entertainment, films, tv and pop culture
- Ability to create in a diverse range of styles, techniques and subject matter; hand-lettering a plus.
- Excellent organizational, composition, color and typography skills
- Advanced digital production skills with mastery of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; proficient in InDesign
- Positive outlook and collaborative spirit
- High level of creative vision for development of themes, color palettes and layouts
- Ability to translate pop-culture, news, events, and social media trends into printable design and illustration concepts
- Demonstrated good judgement with ability to keep sensitive information secure
- Experience in surface design and pattern creation a plus
This position can be offsite, or office in Calabasas, CA or San Diego. There is no relocation assistance available. Currently our office is working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants should have necessary equipment and internet to work from home.
How To Apply:
If you would like to work with a creative, collaborative team and love all things pop culture, PlanetArt’s Designer/Illustrator role may be for you!
Please send resume and cover letter along with either A) a link to an online portfolio, or B) a PDF of examples of your work