Graphic Designer PC / San Diego - (3 months, temp to hire)
San Diego, CA (Los Angeles Area)
This position is currently remote and will be onsite once our San Diego office reopens, due to Covid circumstances.
Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other customized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
We are looking for a detail oriented, enthusiastic graphic designer who has an understanding of e-commerce with a minimum of 3 years of design experience. The successful candidate will have a portfolio that demonstrates strong sense of branding, aesthetic proficiency, problem solving skills, unique concepts, and outstanding typography. Creativity and a passion to present unique ideas are highly appreciated. Must possess advanced digital production/retouching skills to succeed in a deadline sensitive environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Concept and execute within brand standards, applying to email, social content, ads, landing pages, etc.
- Quickly gain an understanding of the brand and audience to execute conceptual and strategic design work.
- Create high-quality digital ads, emails, and social content.
- Work closely with Art Director, copywriters, marketing and developers to ensure optimal outcome for final materials.
- Collaborate on implementation of email marketing A/B tests to increase sales performance and improve customer experience.
- Proactively seek necessary information on project requirements to ensure clarity and alignment on timelines, deliverables and assets.
- Assist the Creative Director and Art Director with the planning and implementation of projects.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in art, communications, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of design experience.
- Excellent typography skills, a great eye for color, layout and details.
- A thorough understanding of branding.
- Expert skills in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Illustration and sketching skills are a plus.
- UI/UX experience a plus.
- An ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with high-quality work.
- Must be a self-motivator, possessing the ability to work effectively with little supervision.
How To Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Graphic Designer role may be for you!
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!