Human Resources Generalist
Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles Area)
Who We Are:
Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and customized gifts that are professionally printed. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
What You’ll Do:
The Human Resource Generalist will support the daily function of the Human Resource department by overseeing employee onboarding, new hire orientation, administering benefits and leaves of absences, HRIS data management, document management, and staying abreast of all employment law regulatory and compliance changes, and assisting in department process improvement projects. The day to day will include the following:
- HRIS system administrator and processor of all system changes.
- Lead the benefits administration function in partnership with external benefits administration team.
- Responsible for the management of leaves of absence, disability, workers compensation and unemployment claims.
- Lead employee onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Assist in annual performance management processes.
- Assist in creating and communicating various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Lead and facilitate new hire orientation.
- Maintain all personnel files in compliance with legal requirements, including but not limited to, record retention management and quarterly document audits.
- Maintain functional knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Assist as needed with HR related projects.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/Business Administration or relevant field (or equivalent)
- 2 - 5 years of direct HR experience
- HRIS experience, implementation and/or project upgrade experience strongly preferred (Paychex is a plus)
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office (including advanced Excel skills)
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Solid knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Ability to work independently under general direction.
- Ability to problem solve and handle non-routine situations by determining the approach or action to take and interprets guidelines, procedures, policies, and practices.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability navigate conflict, seeking positive, mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
- Process- and detail-oriented
- Good judgment and the ability to ask for help when needed.
- Strong organizational skills and task oriented
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s HR Generalist role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us why you think you would be a great fit! We look forward to hearing from you!