Planner, Inventory and Planning, Supply Chain
San Diego, CA
Woodridge, IL (Chicago Area）
PlanetArt is looking for an Inventory Planner to manage demand planning and inventory requirements
necessary to maximize sales, in stock, turnover, product margin and GMROI (gross margin return on
investment). The individual will strategically manage inventory investments and product forecasting
to effectively drive profitability throughout the lifecycle of products. Retail, ecommerce and/or
catalog experience is required.
Manager, Inventory and Planning, Supply Chain
Start between 8-9 am
(Extended hours during peak periods required)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop category and SKU level sales and inventory plans which support the merchandising,
marketing and financial objectives as directed by management
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities and
risks for assigned categories and SKUs.
- Manage the category OTB, receipt and inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are
approved by management. Collaborate with Sr. Planner partners to propose OTB modifications
- Recommend SKU purchase amounts based on trend analysis, lead times, weeks of supply and
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin based on current trends, and report open
to buy status to business partners each month
- Determine and present category and SKU level forecasts and buy quantities that align to the top
level sales objectives within the quarterly planning rollup meetings
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise, marketing and sourcing partners to develop SKU
plans, review current trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners and vendors to manage product through the supply chain
to ensure timely delivery and achieve in stock goals.
- Assure that the Just Enough planning system is accurately updated with the current season’s SKU
forecasts, future season’s plans and proper lead times.
- Utilize the Just Enough system and various Excel Planning Tools to manage SKU inventory to
optimal weeks of supply while maintaining in stock goals.
- Monitor the forecast accuracy of the selling curves within the Just Enough system.
- Manage SKU level inventory accuracy through partnership with Operations, Inventory Control in
support of Manager- Inventory and Planning
- Proactively identify and propose actions to move through excess inventory efficiently to achieve
the highest margin and cost recovery.
- Optimize product visibility and performance on the web site through the promote/demote process
(Seasonal WIRED, Non-Seasonal Status Update calls)
- Recommend pricing actions to optimize margin and manage supply to demand.
- Support the Manager- Inventory and Planning with the day-to-day planning priorities and
- Present product and category status updates on a weekly basis to Manager- Inventory and
- Review catalog proofs for product detail accuracy
- 2+ years’ experience in retail and/or ecommerce inventory management and sales forecasting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (V-lookups, Pivot tables)
- Experience with planning systems such as Just Enough is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with a technical understanding of retail math and
inventory management concepts
- The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly
to all appropriate contacts
- Team player, comfortable in building effective cross functional relationships with business
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to strategically manage and drive positive
financial results for assigned categories
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results
- Proactive and persistent in addressing challenges and working with partners to execute
- Comfortable presenting to groups of peers and management
- The ability to think both strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail
and a high level of comfort in working with numbers
- A working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities and
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time to enter and process information
- Ability to work efficiently during periods of high activity
- Ability to work overtime and weekends if needed
- Some travel may be required