Systems Engineer – Calabasas
Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles Area)
The Systems Engineer must have a diverse set of advanced skills in a company with more than 200 employees and at least three different locations in various areas of IT infrastructure, including very strong familiarity with Microsoft technologies, AWS and/or Azure. Demonstrated and working knowledge of VMware and/or Hyper-V, SAN/NAS, Backup technologies, Citrix, Office 365, and Hybrid Exchange Environments. The Systems Engineer will also be responsible with helping resolve Level 2 user support tickets.
- Help maintain and manage company’s core services, based on Microsoft technologies which include Active Directory, and DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, PKI, etc.
- Help Maintain and manage company web sites running on Microsoft’s IIS.
- Deploy and build images/packages using SCCM.
- Create automated tasks processes using various technologies such as SQL and PowerShell.
- Help with backups/restores/disaster recover using Commvault.
- Help Maintain and Manage endpoint security on Windows and Mac computers
- Help Administer the VMWare ESXi and Hyper-V environments
- Help maintain a large Citrix environment.
- Setup LUNs, volumes, and storage on multiple SANs
- Help with migrating physical data centers to AWS and/or Azure.
- Help with setup and maintenance of WebEx conference rooms.
- Support the Helpdesk Staff with level 2 tickets that they cannot resolve on their own.
- If required, be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Be on-call, one week out of the month.
- Make sure changes and upgrades do not affect production. If they do, make sure to schedule them for after-hours.
- Work on existing and upcoming IT projects
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a fast paced and highly agile medium to large sized company.
- Extensive experience with various Microsoft technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Excellent knowledge of core technologies such as DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, RADIUS, and PKI in a Microsoft environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM
- Familiarity with monitoring tools./li>
- Familiarity with a Hybrid Exchange environment
- Familiarity with SAN/NAS setup and configuration
- Familiarity with Video Conferencing systems such as WebEx or Zoom.
- Familiarity with VMWare ESXi and/or Hyper-V
- Experience with Dell Servers and hardware
- Automation and Scripting skills will be extremely helpful
- Strong emphasis and exposure to Information Security
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a related field will be beneficial.
- Must be a fast learner and capable of conducting research to learn about new technologies
- Familiarity with ERP systems.
- Familiarity with warehouse operations.
- Familiarity with Linux
- Excellent knowledge of Macintosh and OS X will be a huge plus
- Experience with Identity Management and SSO
- Experience with Proxy and Load Balancing products such as F5 BigIP
- Experience with Citrix XenApp
- Experience with Windows Clustering
- Experience with load balancing and high availability
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange upgrades
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Online
- Experience with Amazon AWS Storage Gateway
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
www.planetart.com - Check us out!