Manager, Software Engineering – Fulfillment / Personal Creations
Calabasas CA (Los Angeles Area)
San Diego, CA
Woodridge IL (Chicago Area)
The PlanetArt companies provide consumers with the tools, content and services to create quality, personalized products. This role is for our Personal Creations e-commerce unit.
We are seeking a hands-on Software Engineering Manager to lead the development team on several fulfillment concerns ranging from order and shipment routing, carrier integration, inventory management, supply chain, dropship
integration, manufacturing and production control, warehouse management system, and various complex optimization problems in the eCommerce fulfillment space. You will have the opportunity to work on highly visible,
innovative projects that directly impact customers.
What You Will Contribute:
- Lead a team of software engineers to develop, maintain, and extend functionalities to service needs of the eCommerce business
- Work with Executives, cross functional leadership, Product managers, Partners, and other stakeholders to drive long-term vision.
- Help set technical vision and implement new or adopt existing processes to help team achieve delivery goals.
- Build, enhance, and maintain high performance, scalable web services in AWS, as well as on-prem, to support the current and future demands on our robust eCommerce platform.
- Continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency of the engineering team.
- Support the business through periods of peak demands, including Q4/peak seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of professional experience working in software development (.NET, C#, RESTful API are must haves)
- 3+ years of experience working on fulfillment related concerns for an eCommerce platform.
- 2+ years of experience managing people (with direct report, not just as a tech lead).
- 5% travel (might be required)
- Proficiency in, one or more, object-oriented programming languages.
- Demonstrable working experience in .NET development.
- Experience dealing with scalability and high-volume transactions.
- Proficient with relationship SQL database, including database design, stored procedures, query optimization.
- Experience creating and consuming REST and SOAP services.
- Experience working with Dependency Injection
- Deep knowledge of software design patterns.
- High energy, self-starter with aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Able to take direction but also lead effectively by properly empower and motivate.
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing and code tuning.
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and attention to details.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch
- Strong verbal and written communication skill, able to translate complex concept between technical and business audience.
- Experience working with AWS (our web platform is 100% in AWS, but we also maintain an on-prem data center).
- Experience working with resources across multiple time zones, including CST, EST, and international
- Experience working with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3594784.
We look forward to hearing from you!
www.planetart.com - Check us out!