Print Production Manager – Woodridge PC
This is an onsite position working in the Woodridge office and please also note that you must be ok with working OT during our peak season, which runs from mid-October through a few days before Christmas.
Who We Are:
Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and customized gifts that are professionally printed. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the PlanetArt team, reporting directly to the Sr. Operations Manager, you are a high-energy, passionate, and detail-oriented Print Production Manager! Must have a working knowledge of building and maintaining color profiles in the wide format, direct to substrate and D2G print arenas. As a Print Production Manager, you will be responsible for building and maintaining color profiles, job scheduling, and the safe, efficient, and continuous operation of multiple professional printing technologies. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to adjust color to ensure final printed product matches creative layouts provided by our in-house design team and meets expected internal quality standards. The Print Production Manager supervises a team of Printer Technicians and oversees the printing process of various media across multiple print platforms.
- Multitask between wide format, direct to substrate and D2G print technologies
- Work with print technicians and department managers to ensure production deadlines are met and promptly communicate any issues that arise
- Follow instructions and production schedules as well as adhere to all standard operating procedures to meet the expected production goals
- Think critically and solve mechanical or software problems with equipment that may be malfunctioning
- Operate and troubleshoot computer-controlled printing equipment, with remote assistance from manufacturer
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of machines and maintain regular scheduled maintenance
- Adjust the provided print-ready design files to achieve consistent, high-quality prints; work with the Product Implementation, Merchandise and Design teams to ensure final printed material matches original design/artwork
- Print jobs at optimum production rate, color density and quality standards within in-house guidelines and adjust as required
- Perform a visual inspection of final produced product to maintain quality assurance
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping the work area neat and complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain all auxiliary tools and parts that are provided for operating in your work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Should Have:
- 3-5 years of print project management or similar operations experience in a large
- format printing, direct to substrate or D2G print environment.
- Must have a high school diploma, experience in the print industry, and a sharp eye for detail.
- Experience planning and managing dye sublimation, solvent and DTG print jobs.
- 3 years of Adobe Creative software experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to lift, push, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Proficient in understanding color theory and print head technology
- Thorough understanding of large format substrates, printing processes, materials, etc.
- Possess knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator (further Adobe CC a plus), and Wasatch RIP software is a plus.
- The ability to manage time and workflow efficiently and be an exceptional communicator
- Can distinguish colors and inspect materials
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multi-task quickly and effectively
- Must genuinely enjoy organizing, planning, and thinking quickly in a fast paced, demanding environment
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Print Production Manager role may be for you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Be sure to tell us why you think you’d be a great fit! We look forward to hearing from you!