Procurement Specialist – Woodridge PC
This is an onsite position working in the Woodridge office and please also note that you must be ok with working OT during our peak season, which runs from mid-October through a few days before Christmas.
Who We Are:
Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and customized gifts that are professionally printed. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the PlanetArt team, reporting directly to the Sr. Program Manager, you are responsible for managing forecasting and replenishing of Production and Fulfillment Center (FC) supplies and selected Personal Creations product collateral. This position requires knowledge of forecasting and inventory management principles, the ability to develop models to support forecasting and replenishment, ability to multi-task, communicate cross departmentally, and successfully complete tasks with minimal supervision. This position is also responsible for maintaining an accurate, computerized supply inventory physical count and for conducting monthly and annual physical inventory. This position requires a high level of detail and organization, the ability to prioritize workload, perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and strong communication skills.
- Partner with Fulfillment Center Managers, Finance and Merchandise Planning, as well as the Operations team to develop and maintain, forecast, and replenishment thresholds for all FC supplies and collateral.
- Manage replenishment of FC supplies and collateral to maximize turn and minimize out of stocks while accounting for vendor lead times, transit times, and ordering minimums/price breaks.
- Maintain vendor information and pricing in Warehouse Management System (WMS) and other databases.
- Identify opportunities to reduce supplies and collateral expenses through re-sourcing, vendor negotiations, improved inventory management and control processes and management/cleanup of slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Maintain communication with supply and collateral vendors regarding purchasing lead times, current purchase order status, shipping, and delivery issues.
- Partner with Receiving team to identify and resolve inventory discrepancies and inventory tracking issues for FC supplies and collateral.
- Partner with Inventory Control and Production departments to control and resolve consumption issues for better monthly supply counts
- Partner with Merchandise Operations and Creative to plan for changes in packaging and collateral and manage related inventories appropriately.
- Act as the main vendor contact for FC supplies and product collateral purchasing and replenishment.
- Verify and approve payments to vendors, work with Accounts Payable and Receiving teams to resolve discrepancies.
- Report large discrepancies in inventory to the Sr. Program Manager and Accounting prior to adjusting inventory
- Cycle count all Supplies and account for runs on product lines.
- Execute purchase orders to meet B2C needs
- Hands on work in the warehouse to support peak seasons.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Work closely with Accounting on month-end reporting and any issues that may arise.
- Track vendor compliance: make recommendations for taking corrective action to eliminate poor performing vendors.
- Coordinate on-site fulfillment of all special orders.
What You Should Have:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of previous Inventory management and/or purchasing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent related work experience preferred.
- Experience in high-volume, seasonal distribution environment preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to staff at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and achieve results under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution for product distribution.
- Proficient ability with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge of WMS based systems and ability to process data related to inventory trends.
- Must have a high level of awareness.
- Ability to read, interpret and develop general operating plans.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal departments including IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Human Resources, Merchandising and Marketing to carry out the needs of the business.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to management, vendors, and other associates of the organization.
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Procurement Specialist role may be for you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Be sure to tell us why you think you’d be a great fit! We look forward to hearing from you!