Product Manager – Calabasas and Louisville KY
Do you have the marketing, analytic and leadership skills to help us take a dynamic, successful business to yet another level? We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for the best talent to grow with us.
Who We Are:
Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and personalized gifts that are professionally made on demand. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. We are the fastest growing company in our space, with billions of products shipped, accepting an average of one transaction every second.
Said simply, at PlanetArt we provide products that allow our customers to forge tighter relationships with family and friends. We believe a greeting card can form a meaningful connection, a photo can preserve a precious memory, a coffee mug can start a conversation, and a T-shirt can ignite a movement.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a skilled Product Manager who is a creative leader, not just another cog in the system, able to take end-to-end ownership of the evolution of our industry-leading mobile applications and websites. As a Product Manager, you will have responsibility for delivering on product strategy, understanding customer needs through analytics, and creating a coherent product vision, implementation, and go-to-market plan. You will need to be extremely creative, flexible and detail oriented and to work well with people. Extensive experience with online consumer-facing products (whether websites or mobile apps) and demonstrated ecommerce expertise is a must.
You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a passion for and knowledge of, technology and user experience, and a quantitative focus. The focus is not just on initial build and launch; it’s equally important to understand how products are (or are not) living up to their initial performance forecasts. You will own your products from start to finish and get to have a meaningful impact on everything you build!
- Develop and evolve business and product strategy for our mobile applications and websites in an entrepreneurial, you-own-it environment!
- Maintain the product backlog and manage the process of prioritizing new features
- Define and execute the development roadmap with the help of both overseas and local developers
- Manage and ensure the high-quality execution of initiatives from conception through delivery, including gathering requirements, defining business rules, crafting user flows and writing functional specs and user stories
- Work with the engineering and design teams to estimate, implement and build features and ensure that we're always working on the highest-priority projects
- Interface with external vendors to ensure engineering has proper specs for integration, and monitor dashboards to ensure products ship on time and that vendors are meeting SLAs.
- Be analytics obsessed for our brands, draw conclusions about pain points and needed improvements to incorporate into a backlog that results in revenue-based prioritized development
- Respond quickly to developers and QA to address unforeseen scenarios in new functionality
- Capable of stepping in and acting as an individual contributor in one or more of the following ways: software QA, content / editorial / programming, copywriting, product marketing, user experience, design / creative, analytics, and prepared to speak directly to the customer to help resolve issues as needed.
What You Should Have:
- 5+ years of experience in product management – We are looking for products that you have owned and delivered
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- You are data-driven and have a passion for excellent web and ecommerce customer experience
- You have a strong understanding of established web and mobile standards and UI best practices, and a curiosity about emerging design trends. You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You're detail-oriented, process-driven, and organized, and are able to stay two steps ahead of the work your team is doing
- You're analytical, and prefer to make data-driven (rather than gut) decisions
- You hold yourself and others around you to very high standards
- Passion for building products that will make a positive impact on the world!
- SQL, strong math and Photoshop skills a plus
- Startup experience is a plus
Our Mobile Apps:
- FreePrints®: The world’s favorite way to print photos (US and 11 other countries)
- FreePrints Photobooks®: Make photo books in just minutes – fast, convenient and free (US and 11 other countries)
- FreePrints Photo Tiles®: Get your favorite photos off of your phone and onto your wall (US and 10 other countries)
- FreePrints Gifts®: A free personalized gift every month (US)
- FreePrints Cards™: One free greeting card every month (UK)
- Ink Cards®: The easiest way to mail one-of-a-kind greeting cards (US)
- Postagram: Luxe photo postcards, straight from your phone (US)
- Simply to Impress®: The leader in luxe card and stationery designs (US, UK)
- Personal Creations®: The ecommerce leader in personalized gift products (US, UK)
- PhotoAffections®: Affordable, high-quality cards and photo gifts (US)
- Gifts.com®: The best gift ideas for every occasion (US)
- CafePress®: The world’s largest marketplace for custom products (US, Canada, UK, Australia)
- CanvasWorld®: Museum-quality canvas prints (US)
- MyCustomCase™: Accessorize your life with stylish custom cases (US)
- Snapfish®: Preserve memories with the leader in photo products (France, Germany and Italy only)
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Product Management role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter. Be sure to tell us why you think you’re the perfect candidate! We look forward to hearing from you!