QA Tester, Mobile Apps
Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles Area)
Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other personalized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
What You’ll Do:
The QA Tester is responsible for both hands-on testing of mobile apps, internal platforms/tools, and related marketing campaigns. Ideal candidates would have experience leading small teams of QA Testers to carry out test plans. Essential responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the QA Supervisor as well as Product and Development teams to understand requirements and plan testing for new features and app releases.
- Execute test plans and perform ad hoc testing of mobile apps, internal platforms/tools, websites, and marketing campaigns.
- Work with other QA Testers to lead small projects and ensure test plans are carried out.
- Review and validate features versus requirement specification and design documents.
- Create detailed and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Identify and thoroughly track bugs.
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Regularly place orders and perform quality checks of personalized finished goods related to mobile apps.
- Provide detailed, concise, and accurate feedback directly to project managers, software developers and marketing managers.
- Other duties which may be assigned from time to time as required to meet business needs.
What You Should Have:
- At least 4 years of total QA testing software experience, which includes 1 year of hands-on iOS and/or Android functionality testing.
- Experience leading or supervising QA testers or equivalent QA Lead experience preferred.
- Experience with common bug tracking software such Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Experience with writing detailed instructions for testing cases and test plans
- Experience interacting directly with software project managers, developers and marketing managers and provide detailed feedback.
- Experience with automated testing and with setting up a local automated test environment a plus.
- Experience QA testing on iOS and/or Android devices.
- Proven ability to create test cases, checklists, and test plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-managed proactive work style.
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position. If would like to work in a collaborative, high-growth environment, PlanetArt's QA Tester role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!