Retail Channel Director, CafePress
Who We Are:
At CafePress we believe a mug can start a conversation and a T-shirt can ignite a movement. We’re working to create a more connected and engaged world that supports and celebrates everyone’s unique identity and passions. Our promise is to inspire people to express themselves with the best assortment of engaging products.
CafePress joined the PlanetArt family of brands in 2020. Through our network of websites and mobile apps, PlanetArt gives consumers the opportunity to design personalized products like holiday cards, photo canvases and customized gifts that are professionally printed. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events.
Our purpose is quite simple: We deliver smiles.
What You’ll Do:
As the Retail Channel Director, you’ll lead the team selling CafePress products through online retail shopping channels. You’ll enable our unique range of products and content to reach a broader audience via distribution beyond our own branded websites. You’ll leverage strategic partnerships to drive additional revenue, margin and fulfillment volume that complement the core CafePress business. This position reports to the General Manager, CafePress.
- Propose and implement strategies for growing sales through retail channels
- Maintain and expand partnerships with strategic retail accounts
- Lead team to exceed revenue, margin and reliability goals
- Manage and develop team of one or more account managers
- Provide roadmap direction to engineering team
- Facilitate collaboration with other CafePress and PlanetArt teams
- Identify opportunities for growth within existing and new channels
- Identify risks, monitor competitors and respond effectively
- Identify CafePress product and content categories to sell through channels
- Recommend product merchandising, pricing and delivery offerings
- Monitor and adjust paid promotional programs across channels
- Manage account health, fulfillment performance and policy compliance
- Ensure customer service inquiries are handled within standards
- Ensure compliance and infringement claims are handled successfully
- Minimize risk and impact of system and fulfillment outages
- Manage remediation meetings and documentation if outages occur
- Present retail channel results in cross-functional business review meetings
What You Should Have:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in e-commerce category or account management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Short- and long-term business and project planning experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability with spreadsheet and business reporting tools
- Strong ability with data analysis and internet analytics tools
- Able to anticipate problems and suggest creative solutions
- Able to lead and inspire collaborative work
- Able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Able to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing requirements
- Strategic thinker able to translate strategy into implementation
- Passion for working in a rapidly changing retail environment
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s CafePress Merchandiser role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter. Be sure to tell us why you think you’d be a great fit!
We look forward to hearing from you!
PlanetArt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.