Senior Database Administrator
Calabasas CA (Los Angeles Area)
San Diego CA
Woodridge IL (Chicago Area)
The PlanetArt companies provide consumers with the tools, content and services to create quality, personalized products. We’re one of the largest players in the make-on-demand space.
We are seeking a Senior Database Administrator to take on a central role in all aspects of the operations, change management, on multiple relational databases. We are 100% in AWS and also have non-relational databases for
individuals who wishes to expand their NoSQL knowledge.
What You Will Contribute:
- Managing multiple instances of high transaction Microsoft SQL Servers. Many are in RDS.
- Partner with Software Developers, Engineers, DevOps, Architects, and various other departments to review implementation requests, provide feedback, deploy and maintain these requests.
- Conduct code review, data/schema comparison, and query optimization by examining execution plan and profiling.
- Responsible for the overall performance, tuning and backup/recovery of the SQL instances.
- Proactive maintenance of all database instances (upgrades, patching, integrity check, security control), during normal business hours, and/or, off hours to reduce impact to business operations.
- Implement data retention policies for operational, as well as sensitive data store.
- Implement, maintain and execute data scrubbing/obfuscation scripts for testing, staging and production environment.
- Evaluate, recommend, implement database management and monitoring tools.
- Design and implement redundant systems for high availability, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets for compliance and audit.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various scheduled jobs, SSIS Packages for both maintenance, monitoring, and specific business needs.
- Act as a redundant DBA resource as well as be part of an on-call rotation.
- Support through periods of peak seasonal demands.
- Primarily working with MSSQL but capable and willing to learn to work with other database types outside of MSSQL – e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Aurora, DynamoDB, other RDS databases in AWS.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred
- Proficiency in stored procedures, triggers, views, replication, performance tuning
- Managing Users and Roles for both business user and service account to ensure proper access control
- Technical expertise in database and schema design patterns
- Prior experience with following compliance and audit requirement (CCPA/GDPR, PII, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc)
- Familiar with wide range of RDBMs and tools
- Experience with data reporting tool
- Ability to maintain composure and learn quickly on the fly
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle priorities
- Ability to be autonomous with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, organized, thorough, respect for quality control.
- Strong verbal and written communication
Nice to have:
- Experience working with AWS (RDS, managed instance), or other cloud provider
- Experience with CICD enterprise practices
- Experience with DB change and deployment strategies
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience working with SSIS Packages, ETL, ELT.
- Experience interface with third party integration (with, or without API)
- Experience with data warehousing
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Snowflake, Spark, Kafka
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Senior Database Engineer role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link. We look forward to hearing from you!
This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of all reference, background checks, and required documentation including proof of Covid-19 vaccination.