Senior Security Engineer
San Diego, CA
This is an exciting time for PlanetArt’s Information Security team. In this position you will be an integral part of the enterprise Information Security Program. Your focus will be on building and maturing a security infrastructure for PlanetArt. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will include engineering various security tools, integration, automation, and supporting the security team with tool development and incident escalations. As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be involved in critical security projects and day-to-day duties of the information security team.
- Design and build security tools and processes for integration and deployment across the enterprise
- Develop and support integration and automation within security, monitoring, reporting, and ticketing platforms
- Build and maintain content for detecting and responding to security events and incidents.
- Design, implement and support cloud-based security solutions for both public and private cloud infrastructures
- Research and development of modern/next-gen security toolsets to augment existing controls
- Build hardened configuration requirements for various technologies and work with multiple teams to help implement suggested solutions.
- Review and analyze existing processes and suggest improvements for increased security including assisting with risk assessments
- Conduct security research to keep abreast of latest security issues and help communicate and respond internally to mitigate any identified vulnerabilities
- Identify and investigate security incidents
- Support Information Security team in all areas of information security
- 6-8 years working within Information Technology and 4-6 years specifically in Information Security
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages (Python, Powershell, etc).
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude.
- Must have understanding of various systems technologies, architecture fundamentals, next-generation technology and very strong security understanding
- Demonstrated oral/written communications, and client facing skills
- Experience in deploying and maintaining security controls within various public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with Splunk, Next Gen Firewalls and IPS, and other advanced security tools
- Experience working vulnerability scanning tools and implementing a vulnerability management program
- Experience performing internal security architecture and engineering related assessments/reviews
- Understanding of various architectural frameworks and controls (CIS 20, NIST, etc.)
- Understand information security concepts, protocols, "industry best practices"
- Experience with administering various system types including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Experience performing systems security analysis, baselining, hardening, and automation across a diverse set of systems.
- Ability to perform threat hunting exercises incorporating relevant threat intelligence
- Hands on experience with Incident Response or previous participation with Incident Response teams such as the role of a first responder, someone who helps with analysis, forensics, etc.
- CISSP, GSEC, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH or similar security professional certification
- Practical experience in deployment and management of applied IT security technologies and tools such as EDR, PIM/PAM, encryption, DLP, network access control, IDS/IPS
- Familiarity with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, mitigations and their impact on application architecture
- Experience with network (router, switch, firewall configuration) and database (Oracle, SQL) security
- Familiarity with various penetration and analysis tools such as nmap, Burp, Kali Linux, Nikto, OwaspZap, Fiddler, the Metasploit framework, Wireshark, tcpdump etc.
How To Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, please submit your resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to tell us why you think you'd be a great fit! We look forward to hearing from you!