Social Media Specialist
Who We Are:
The PlanetArt companies provide consumers and small businesses with the tools, content and services to create quality personalized products that are both innovative and affordable.
Everything we do empowers self-expression and delivers smiles.
We are looking for a passionate individual with creative flair who has an obsession with the latest social trends and sharp attention to detail. The Social Media Specialist will own our social presence for a variety of PlanetArt brands. From content strategy to testing new ideas to execution, we’ll look to this person to lead the charge and be responsible for the management and development of activity on core social media channels with the aim of driving audience engagement and fostering online communities.
This role will work collaboratively with staff from across the organization. This person will play a pivotal role in executing the overall vision and building communities to create integrated marketing campaigns while ensuring consistency in voice and brands.
What You’ll Do:
The Social Media Specialist must be comfortable managing multiple projects and have an eye for detail. The candidate must be very comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, fluid environment. A "can-do" attitude and superb interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are an absolute must.
- Curate and compose monthly social media content calendars to ensure brand consistency through tone, voice, and imagery
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and develop copy to suit.
- Execute day-to-day community management
- Foster online community growth by engaging our audiences, actively responding to questions/comments and driving conversations through creative content
- Assist with creative development to provide community insights and request engaging concepts for the internal design team to produce
- Manage customer feedback on social channels, both reactive (addressing complaints in an appropriate manner and redirecting to customer service as necessary) and proactive (praising customers who demonstrate advocacy on behalf of our brands).
- Conduct ongoing monthly reporting to gauge posting effectiveness
- Identify opportunities for improvement and optimize posts through analysis
- Ensure all posts are in line with the overall brand marketing strategy
- Research and coordinate micro-influencer programs
- Provide support to other team members on online promotions (Paid Social Media)
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, public relations, or related field of study
- 2 years of related experience
- Expert knowledge of social media channels, latest platform features and growth trends (specifically Facebook and Instagram)
- Proven experience growing, engaging, and monitoring social media communities
- Excellent written communication and proofreading skills to deliver brand tone and voice
- A passion for cards, stationery, personalized home décor and photo products
- Experience using social media publishing tools such as Hootsuite
- Must have the ability to multitask, learn quickly and be able to work independently
- Strong decision making, problem-solving skills and management skills
- Exceptional organization, collaboration, and cross-functional team communication skills
- Flexible hours – Able to work occasional weekends and during peak holiday seasons, in the evenings
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Social Media Specialist role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link. We look forward to hearing from you!
This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of all reference, background checks, and required documentation including proof of Covid-19 vaccination.