Sr. Dot Net Engineer – Café Press
Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles Area)
San Diego, CA
Woodridge, IL (Chicago Area）
*Position can be worked out of the following:
- Los Angeles CA (located in Calabasas)
- San Diego CA (located in Sorrento Valley
- Woodridge IL (located near Chicago)
- Louisville KY
The PlanetArt companies provide consumers with the tools, content, and services to create quality,
personalized products. This role is for our CafePress eCommerce unit.
We are seeking a Senior Dot Net Engineer to take a central role in designing, building, and enhancing
several core technology components of our industry-leading ecommerce platform. If you're passionate
about robust software design and have an interest in working on a broad range of different projects
and technologies, we want to talk to you!
What You Will Contribute:
- Build, enhance, and maintain high performance, scalable systems in AWS to support the current
and future demands on our robust ecommerce platform.
- Participate with a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible
strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers,
and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of SOA based applications.
- Continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency of the engineering team.
- Support the business through periods of peak demands.
- Share knowledge and help mentor junior engineers and peers.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- A relaxed work environment with casual dress.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with executive leadership, managers, developers,
and product management.
- Learning experience and opportunities to experiment with new technologies.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very
bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global
What we seek:
- 5+ years working in comparable software development role.
- High energy, self-starter, with aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Expertise in C#
- Demonstrable working experience in .NET framework, .NET Core, WebApi.
- Previous experience with a service and message-based architecture
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS, AJAX, Razor and MVC architecture.
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing and code tuning.
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and
optimization across the entire technology stack.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Strong data modeling and data management skills in RDBMS systems such as SQL Server and MySQL.
Fluency in SQL, relational constructs, stored procedures, triggers, views, normalization, and
understanding of costs of various queries.
- A deep understanding of costs of various kinds of data fetching (from db, from disk, from
- Experience creating and consuming REST or SOAP services and API contract design
- Understanding of architectural design for horizontal scaling.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Good understanding of key elements that make good user experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with any of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with open source.
- Experience with RabbitMQ and consuming event driven message-based architecture
- Familiar with a continuous integration environment
- Similar experience working in a consumer-based or ecommerce environment.
How to Apply:
If would like to work in a collaborative, high-growth environment, PlanetArt's Senior Dot Net
Engineer position may be a fit for you!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this position!
We look forward to hearing from you!