Sr. Network Engineer
Calabasas, CA (Los Angeles Area)
Who We Are:
PlanetArt’s mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home décor and other personalized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
The Sr Network Engineer must have a diverse set of advanced skills in different areas of IT and network infrastructure, including very strong skills using Cisco, SonicWALL, AWS, and Ubiquiti products. Familiarity with networking on Azure is also required.
- Setup & maintain network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, etc.)
- Work with ISPs to add, upgrade, or replace internet lines
- Setup & manage Site-to-site VPN tunnels using SonicWALL & Cisco routers
- Setup AWS networks including VPCs, Shared VPCs, Subnets, Gateways, ACLs, Routes, etc
- Help setup a disaster recovery and high availability site at another location
- Manage and expand the Enterprise WiFi network across numerous sites
- Maintain, Manage, and upgrade the phone system using Cisco Call Manager, and Cisco Unity
- Make sure all network equipment is backed up
- Maintain and support Cisco WebEx conferencing system across multiple locations
- Support the Helpdesk Staff with level 2 tickets that they cannot resolve on their own.
- If required, be available to work after hours and on weekends.
- Make best effort to answer calls/text/emails at all times
- Be on-call, one week out of the month and during all network emergencies
- Make sure changes and upgrades do not affect production. If they do, make sure to schedule them for after-hours.
- Work on existing and upcoming IT projects
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned as required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a fast paced and highly agile medium to large sized company
- Must have SonicWall
- Must have a very deep understanding of Cisco switches and routers
- Must have deep familiarity with AWS networking.
- Azure networking
- Cisco VOIP and Voicemail (CUCM, and Unity)
- Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches
- Cisco WebEx
- Cisco IronPort
- Extensive experience with LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks across geographically dispersed locations
- Palo Alto (would be great, because at some point we’ll switch to it)
- Ubiquiti UniFi, Cisco Meraki, or other enterprise WiFi systems
- RADIUS severs (Windows 2016/2019)
- Site to Site VPN setup (from/to various devices including Sonicwall, Cisco, AWS, and Azure)
- Remote access using Pulse Secure VPN devices
- MPLS configuration
- Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc.
- Deep familiarity with VLANs and Subnets
- Network redundancy and high availability
- Load balancing
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Other tasks and duties as they may be assigned
- CCNA, CCIE, or other related certificates would be a huge plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT/computer related field
- Some familiarity with Linux
- Excellent knowledge of Macintosh and OS X will be a huge plus
- Experience with load balancing and high availability
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery
How To Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Sr. Network Engineer role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Be sure to let us know why you think you'd be a good fit for this role.
Trust us - this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves to learn and grow in their career. There is no relocation assistance available for this position, so local candidates only.
We look forward to hearing from you!