Sr/Staff Software Engineer– Backend / Personal Creations
San Diego CA
or Woodridge IL
The PlanetArt companies provides consumers with the tools, content, and services to create quality, personalized products. This role is for our Personal Creations e-commerce division. We’re a leader in the “make-on-demand”
space, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a company that is in the midst of rapid growth.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to take on a central role in designing, building, and enhancing several core technology components of our industry-leading e-commerce platform. If you're passionate about robust
software design, quality code, refactoring, test coverage, and have an interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies, we want to talk to you! The domains for these scalable transactional backend
systems ranges from payment processing, order, promotion, and product management, inventory, fulfillment, supply chain, routing, manufacturing automation, and various complex optimization problems. There is also opportunity
to work on some internal tooling needs, such as Backoffice applications and frameworks.
What You Will Contribute:
- Build, enhance, and maintain high performance, scalable systems in AWS to support the current and future demands on our robust e-commerce platform.
- Participate with a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of SOA based applications.
- Continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency of the engineering team.
- Support the business through periods of peak demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related fields.
- 7+ years professional experience working in comparable software development role with focus on backend system and services.
- Proficiency in, one or more, object-oriented programming language in C#, Java, C++.
- Strong understanding of data structure, and common algorithms.
- Demonstrable working experience in .NET based development.
- Proficient with relationship SQL database, including database design, stored procedures, query optimization.
- Experience creating and consuming REST and SOAP services.
- Experience working with Dependency Injection.
- Experience implementing or utilizing CICD practices working with DevOps.
- Experience building framework and common libraries.
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing and code coverage.
- Experience with branching strategies, source control in Git, TFS, or similar source control.
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack.
- Demonstrable knowledge in software design patterns.
- High energy, self-starter with aptitude for learning new technologies.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and attention to details.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience building .NET Core services from scratch.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.),
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (Dynatrace, New Relics, AppDynamics).
- Experience with Splunk.
- Experience with NoSQL and non-relational data store.
- Experience with message broker, event buses, data stream.
- Experience with micro-service architecture and various cross cutting concerns,
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt’s Staff Software Engineer role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter by following the link. We look forward to hearing from you!
This offer is contingent upon the successful completion of all reference, background checks, and required documentation including proof of Covid-19 vaccination.